Program Learning Outcomes
Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Heritage Resources Management (PBD-HRM)
- Develop a solid foundation in both general theory and established practice associated with heritage field in Canada and internationally.
- Develop a critical understanding of the principles and practices of heritage collections and their conservation as well as heritage policies and professional ethics.
- Analyze a range of viewpoints and experiences in connection with the specific issues and concerns that surround research in heritage field.
- Propose appropriate conservation approach for cultural places by applying the Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada.
- Assess methodologies and approaches applicable to interpretation, presentation, documentation, planning, and decision making for different types of heritage resources.
- Develop preparedness and preventive measures to reduce risks to various heritage resources.
- Adapt appropriate analytical, organizational and presentation skills in a practicum tailored to the student’s interests and experience.
Updated February 08 2018 by Student & Academic Services